Sunday, November 30, 2008

Recent and Semi-Recent Stuffs

Here's a bit of what I've been up to, from newest to oldest. (Click the images to see them larger.)

Wood Fairy


This one, finished yesterday, is a little drawing of a wood fairy. I wanted to play around with camouflage, and I was mildly amused by the idea of Spanish moss as hair, so I threw that in as well.


Portrait of Pogo


Just because I was going through digital painting withdrawal... It's been cropped in, hence the wacky composition.

Sexy Man Roll


This quickie illustration was done in honor of a friend. It's named after a kind of sushi we saw advertised at a restaurant in Sarasota. It of course incorporates the famous twin brothers Julius and Mason.

"Natures" Sketches


And finally, some more flying ferrets. These are some character sketches for a story I'm working on, which takes place in the real world as well as in a world where souls or "natures" dwell. Each character is depicted in both worlds, and the activities of their human forms impact their souls.

While most of the souls/natures are a bit fantastical in appearance, they're still mostly humanoid overall -- with the exception of this character, whose soul is a Chinese dragon-like flying ferret. ^_^

I plan to do a full illustration of this ferret-creature in the near future, once I get the design nailed down.

No comments: